There are many anti-fungal drugs, which help to cure different infections. You are able to buy anti-fungal sprays, tablets, creams, injections, etc. The treatment duration may vary greatly, depending on the specific kind of infection. There are also may be issues closely related to fungal infection, including immune system complication. The treatment itself may take up a few days or a few months, this depends entirely on the situation.
There are lots of fungi that don’t cause any harm. Nevertheless, some types of fungi that can cause infection. The most prevalent fungi type to cause infection are the tinea. They cause athlete’s foot, fungal infection of the nails, along with several other common infection types. Most of the time, fungal infections appear on the skin, mouth, nails or vagina. In general, they do not spread inside of the body. Nevertheless, fungal infections to the internal organs actually happen at times. These infections are incredibly serious and, in some cases, life-threatening.
As we mentioned before, there are many kinds of anti-fungal drugs. They damage the structural layer surrounding fungi, which causes it to die. Now, let’s briefly go over several different types of anti-fungal drugs.
- Topical anti-fungal drugs. These include creams, liquids or sprays. There are many various brands, including amorolfine and tioconazole, just to name a few. Usually, the creams are combined with different types of creams to treat the rash while also killing off the fungi. Rarely causes side-effects, but one might develop a small redness around the area.
- Anti-fungal shampoo. Not as popular as the one above, anti-fungal shampoo mainly helps to cure scalp infections. Usually doesn’t cause any adverse effects. One might develop a small rash.
- Anti-fungal vagina tablets. These are called pessaries. Some females report irritation around their vaginas after applying pessaries. If the irritation is severe, you must immediately stop using it.
- Anti-fungal drugs taken orally. There are actually many various types, including miconazole & terbinafine. The key difference is that the latter works in a completely different way.
- Anti-fungal injections. Oftentimes looked at as a last-ditch resort, these injections are used only if you suffer from a severe infection. These can lead to serious health complications and severe side-effects.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Many people seem to believe that antibiotics are able to kill fungi, but that is not true. Antibiotics can be used to kill off bacteria, but not fungi.